Sunday, February 18, 2018

Man in ruin

" For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.  But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.  For the love of money is a root of all [a]sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

 But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, [b]perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. " 1Tim.7-12

Worldviews collide at the Bible. What I mean by that is this;
when we who have been trained to believe money is the source of life and happiness read the Bible , consequently discover money is not the source.
It is only a resource.
The love and pursuit of money puts men into temptation and harmful desires.
-lust, drugs, leisure, pleasure, excuses

Which causes them to wander away from Christ.
You'll see what money has to offer and for a moment you'll like the offer.
Thus, wandering from Christ and joining hands with all sorts of evil.
Lord forgive us! That we would put a piece of paper over you!
This world is consumed by this.

The end result is grief. It always is.
It never ends well when you wander from Christ.


There has to be more. You can have all the money in the world, yet you'll still be unsatisfied.
It will never be enough. It'll plunge you down roads you don't want to travel down.

Christ is enough.
You were created to find your satisfaction in Him.
All the love , peace, rest , and satisfaction you could ever dream of ,
you'll find in Him.

Go to the Fountain, and your thirst will be quenched.


Christ is enough for me, Christ is enough for me


"Christ is my reward
and all of my devotion
Now there's nothing in this world
That could ever satisfy

Through every trial
My soul will sing
No turning back
I've been set free

Christ is enough for me
Christ is enough for me
Everything I need is in You
Everything I need

Christ my all in all
The joy of my salvation
And this hope will never fail
Heaven is our home

Through every storm
My soul will sing
Jesus is here
To God be the glory

Christ is enough for me
Christ is enough for me
Everything I need is in You, Everything I need"



No comments:

Post a Comment