Sunday, August 25, 2013

"I am being saved"

Romans 7:14-25
For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Sanctification

Definition

-Present tense

-Deliverance from the power of indwelling sin

-To be made like Jesus

-Set apart unto and for the Lord

- To be "holified"

-Not based on spiritual performance/good
works, but on our position in Christ.

-Positional
-Personal
-Practical
-Progressive

-The intellect (mind) discerning who God is.
-The affections (heart) desiring God.
-The volition (will) determining to do what the mind discerned about God.

-It's what you do in the dark

-Never will be totally accomplished until we meet Jesus

-Keep fighting!

-Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you.

Difficulty

- It's not easy being like Jesus!

-There is an enemy, and it's inside of you

-Part and parcel to who you are

-It's called sin

-The law of sin...living , abiding law

-Just resolve today that you will get serious about living for the Lord, and you will find that this enemy will raise himself up in opposition, he will raise his fists and say "bring it on!"
-He so often is more astute, more disciplined and serious.
-The Christian life is not for the timid or ill prepared, but for the serious, militant, and those who know the warnings and get prepared.

-We are in a spiritual war

Means
1. The Savior-Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.- Romans 7:24-25
2.The Spirit-His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence. -2 Peter 1:3
3.The Scriptures- Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. John 17:17
4.Spiritual songs- Great hymns of the Faith
5.Suffering-And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10
6.Supernatural- Run to Christ, Throw yourself on to the mercy seat of Christ.
7.Saints-Iron sharpens iron,and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17





No comments:

Post a Comment