Friday, March 20, 2020

This blood: Therapy Sessions part 3





Football was life for bo and I, we loved it. We also were on a swim team in inverness during the summer when we stayed with Duju and Unle Sam. We had a very active childhood to say the least.
I always played an age group ahead because mom new the coach, and because I was bigger that most my age (I liked food). I have so many great memories on the field and swim competitions.

A few years went by. Barry began running his own landscaping company and mom was still a mail carrier. They had aspirations of moving. Obviously we were oblivious to that.

Around this time I remember praying for another sibling, specifically.. a sister. I deeply desired a baby sister. I wanted to spoil her and protect her. I specifically remember praying for a sister and a sister that had dark hair like mine. Bo and mom had blonde hair and Barry and I had dark hair so I wanted a sister with dark hair, I still laugh at myself for making that a big deal.

One day mom came in from work and told bo and I she needed to talk to us. We sat around the coffee table and she began telling us some amazing news. She was pregnant! I was excited and amazed. I had just recently prayed about it. At 9 years old there was a lot I didn’t understand. But I did know God answered my prayer. I told mom it was a girl and she had dark hair, and I remember her telling me “baby, we won’t know for sure until after the doctors look at the baby in a couple months.” I kept saying “you don’t need a doctor mommy, I prayed about it and I know God is going to answer my prayer.” I long to get back to my childlike faith.

A little time passed and mom went to the doctor, and guess what, they determined what I already knew, it was a girl. She came and told us, I said “I know mommy, she also has dark hair.”

Mom and Barry also told us they were going to begin looking at houses, because our little trailer wouldn’t be big enough now. Bo and I were obviously excited about living in a house, but we were also sad that we would be leaving our friends. We had so many friends at that trailer park. I often wonder what those childhood friends are up to now.

We looked at a few houses, in Morris and Gardendale. Barry really wanted to live in Gardendale. We eventually found a house in Gardendale that was perfect. Our family home. It was so big to us. The only downside was there were not a lot of kids around. But the house was awesome.

There was a a city pool directly behind us, and that was fun to. I remember the lifeguards always calling bo and I “the boys from the woods” because we always walked through our woods to get there.

And then the day came, the day that changed our world. A day of pure happiness. My sister was born. Bragan Wesley Williams. And guess what, she had dark hair. My baby girl. I remember holding her for the first time, telling her “babygirl, I’m Caleb, your brother, I’m gonna spoil you and protect you forever.”

The was probably the best time in my life with my family. Bragan changed bo and I.
You know that part in a movie where it’s a happy scene and it goes slow motion with a good song in the background? That’s how I remember it. I felt I had it all. I really did have it all.

Bo and I had many new things in our life, but mainly a new house to get used to, and a sister to protect. That took adjusting as we were rough boys.
Part 4 to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment